Area Panel Local Action Plan
The Burngreave Area Panel has been given
nearly £400,000 of Neighbourhood Renewal Fund money
to spend on improving the quality of life for local people
over the next two years.
This is extra money from Government for local
authorities in the most deprived areas of the country. Its
purpose is to help them deliver better outcomes for their
most disadvantaged communities. The Panel has set out how
it will be spending this money in its Local Action Plan (LAP).
This is based on what people have been telling
us needs to happen in the area. We have also been working
with other organisations in the area to see where we can join
forces and make sure this money goes as far as possible. Over
the next two years this money will be helping to fund:
- A community chest fund to support
- A free property-marking scheme for residents
to help tackle burglary.
- A dedicated family support worker for the
- Bring out your rubbish days across the whole
area including recycling and assisted days in key areas.
- A community cohesion officer to build links
between all parts of the community by organising events
aimed at celebrating the areas diversity and cultural heritage.
- An advocacy worker for the Fir Vale community
based at the Pakistani Advice Centre.
- Positive activities for young people and
work to increase their voice and influence.
- A FIDO machine to clean up dog fowling in
our parks and playing fields.
- Improvements to the streetscape, local shopping
centres and community spaces including floral displays and
- A development Worker to support the Fir
- Support for the Active Burngreave strategy
to help people adopt healthier more active lifestyles.
- Support for the development of the Burngreave
Copies of the full Local Action Plan are available
from the Burngreave Area Action Team (see next
page for address).