Area Panel Acheivements
Here are the things that you have made happen over the last year
through your Area Panel meetings:
- Carwood Community Centre – refurbished and soon to reopen
- Environment Wardens – visits to Fir Vale shops to help
them dispose of waste
- Road Safety Work – Fox Street road humps and Bagley Road
- Parkwood Landfill Site – changes to how site works and
health survey underway
- Fir Vale Forum – support and funding to help group set
- Burngreave Clean Team – Council team set up to help tackle
litter and grotspots
These are only a few of the things that have happened and with
your help we can do even more. Please come along to your next Area
Panel meeting and have your say.
What is an Area Panel Meeting?
Sheffield City Council’s Area Action and the Area Panel is
- Voices – Having your say
- Services – Changing what we do and how we do it
- Regeneration – Creating new opportunities
What happens at Area Panel meetings?
Area Panel meetings happen in Burngreave every six weeks where
things that are important to local people are discussed and decisions
are made on what needs to happen. If you want to put an item on
the agenda you can speak to your Councillor or contact us at the
office. If you can’t do this there is always a time at your
Area Panel meeting for you to ask questions on any issue that you
think is important.
Who are the Area Panel?
Your Area Panel is made up of the Councillors who you have elected
and who represent you when making Council decisions about Burngreave
and the City.
Who else helps the Area Panel?
- Joanne Roney, Executive Director of Housing and Direct Services
at the Council supports your Area Panel in its work.
- Stuart Bolton, Area Co-ordinator and Marilyn King, Support
Worker give daily help to your Area Panel.